Retreat at Spring Hill
4947 Spring Hill Bend, Stone Mountain
RENOVATION TO BE COMPLETED IN FOURTH QUARTER 2018 LINK HERE for a one minute video tour of a newly renovated 1 bedroom apartment.
Retreat at Spring Hill is currently undergoing a substantial renovation. Formerly known as Spring Chase II, the property was initially developed adjacent to Spring Chase I Apartments in the 1990s to accommodate seniors (age 55+). The community is located across the street from Georgia Perimeter College Clarkston Campus on Memorial Drive.
Renovation of the property was initiated in January 2018 and will include 83 one and two-bedroom units. As a senior property, renovation goals include features for aging in place and providing amenities based on best practices for apartment living for seniors. Focused on a modern design that encourages seniors to age in place, the residential unit renovation strategy includes redesigning the kitchen to facilitate an open floor plan, upgraded kitchen cabinetry, countertops, and energy efficient appliances; LED lighting throughout, luxury vinyl-plank flooring, as well as new energy-efficient windows and patio doors.
Overall Development and Design Goals are to (1) Improve residential units and common areas with updated features that promote aging in place; (2) Provide modern residential units and common area amenities based on best practices for apartment living for senior residents; and (3) Offer supportive services and enhanced programs that encourage physical activity, resident socialization, and overall healthy lifestyles for seniors.
Recently renovated apartment community includes the following amenities:
- New Energy Efficient Patio Doors and Windows
- Low Flow, Energy Efficient Fixtures
- New General Electric Black Appliances
- Open Living Design
- Luxury Vinyl-Plank Flooring
- LED Lighting
- Showers with Built-in Seats and Grab Bars
- Central Heating and Air Conditioning
- Shaker-Style Cabinetry
- Fire Sprinklers/Smoke Detectors in Units
- Covered Porch Overlooking Interior Courtyard
- Business and Internet Center
- Fitness Room
- Arts and Crafts/Activities Room
- Wellness Center
- Game/Media Room
- Community Laundry Rooms on Each Floor with New Front-Loader Washers and Dryers
- Updated Access Control