To view an available job posting in its entirety, please click on position listed below:
Internal Job Posting
January 30, 2018
The Housing Development Corporation (HDC) announces an opening for the position of:
Responsible for the leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations of single and multi-family residential units. Responsible for implementing the company’s occupancy policies and procedures in accordance with HUD, federal, local and other applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures. Assisting residents in obtaining access to a wide range of community services and resources. Performs a variety of tasks related to the admission and occupancy of low-income and market units. The position requires leasing, administrative, resident retention, and neighborhood marketing duties. Illustrated below are some of the various types of work that may be performed. For a more comprehensive job description, please contact Human Resources.
- Leasing duties include following up with, greeting and qualifying prospects; answering inquiries; record-keeping; inspecting units; demonstrating community and apartments/homes; taking applications and security deposits; updating availability reports; coordinating with property management teams; preparing lease packets; assisting with renewals; and monitoring advertising.
- Administrative duties include collecting/posting rent and other fees; making deposits; completing appropriate paperwork and input on Yardi System; maintaining files and correspondence; updating prospect/resident notes; file review and verification; inspection follow-up; distribution of notices; assisting management team with various tasks; scheduling and conducting recertification interviews; contacting eligible waiting list applicants; monintoring lease up rates; preparing HUD-50058/HUD-50059 forms in accurate and timely manner; and maintaining delinquent rent role.
- Resident retention duties include receiving telephone calls and in-person visits; listening to resident requests, concerns and comments; quickly completing maintenance work orders where necessary; answering questions and timely follow up about matters relating to the community, repairs, rent, rules, etc.; scheduling move in/move out inspections; maintaining open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor; contributing to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community; assisting in planning and hosting resident functions; consistently implementing policies of the company and community; reviewing/discussing non-compliant resident issues with Property Manager to ensure residents are provided with reasonable opportunity to meet requirements to remain in compliance; and assisting with the eviction process by issuing eviction notices and initiate the eviction proceedings.
- Leasing Specialist will ensure privacy and maintain security of confidential materials; be accountable for consistent adherence to strong company standards regarding the ethical, responsible, and appropriate use, care, and safeguarding of company materials, supplies, resources, and other assets; undertakes and performs other work-related duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or provide relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload.
- Neighborhood marketing duties include participating in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents; advising residents of referral concessions (where applicable); assisting in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc; distributing communications; and conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, or related field, with two (2) to three (3) years experience in housing management, legal proceedings, or closely related involving considerable public contact or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform essential job functions
- Two (2) years of experience in previous relevant customer service field
- Fair Housing Certification (preferred not required)
- Knowledge on how to operate a complex telephone system, personal computer/keyboard, eFax, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including property software i.e. Yardi Voyager
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws and rules Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and possible weekends
- Ability to understand and follow moderately complex written and oral instructions, communicate and relate to persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Neat, clean, professional appearance at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem
- Successfully pass drug test
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Occaisional driving/traveling requirements (approximately 1% to 33% of the time) to utilize property transportation to inspect rental units, and visit the corporate office. In some cases, the Leasing Specialist will need to operate a property golf cart to show residences to potential customers.
HOW TO APPLY:
Resumes may be emailed to . Please reference the position you are applying for.